From: Maurice van der Pot <griffon26@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ROX: maintainer-wanted and apps out of date
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:31:54
1 On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 10:03:17AM -0400, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > Many users seem to think
3 > that a WONTFIX is non-negotiable. I tend to agree with them, for the
4 > most part. Rather than WONTFIX them, simply tell them that they won't
5 > be included as-is. WONTFIX gives the user the impression that we are
6 > not interested in their work or the package, when this is not the case.
7
8 But if a developer tells them what is wrong and to reopen the bug when
9 they've fixed it, it shouldn't be a problem. And that's what I've seen
10 in this case.
13 Maurice van der Pot
14
15 Gentoo Linux Developer griffon26@g.o http://www.gentoo.org