From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding USE=udev to linux profiles
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 16:49:30
1 On 07/24/2018 12:37 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 >> harder to customize, because you can't turn it off.
3 >
4 > This was already addressed in a previous comment - PMS can be modified
5 > to nullify flags
6 Saying that hypothetically we could modify the PMS and wait for a new
7 EAPI and wait for all package managers to catch up and wait a year after
8 that for the upgrade path and then update the profiles to a new EAPI and
9 then implement this new feature is just an indirect way of saying "you
10 can't do it."
11
12 Changing the PMS won't let me set USE="-udev" in make.conf, anyway. It
13 would only affect sub-profiles.