From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] system-logger
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 10:37:17
1 On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 01:17:48PM +0100, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
2 > IMHO we should have a "default" one or at least one that we recommend.
3 > Most people doesn't really care as long as it just works, and by making
4 > people make the descission while installing only confuses lots of
5 > people.
6 >
7 > So, we should do either of two schemes:
8 >
9 > 1) Install a default one and make a note in the documents that you can
10 > change it.
11
12 We'll probably take this approach. Unfortunately, I haven't had time
13 to evaluate them, so I'm hoping to get feedback on metalog and syslog-ng
14 from users.
15
16 Best Regards,
19 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>