From: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: New category: net-voip
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:59:39
1 Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > Creation of a new categories is fine. pkg moves are bad.
3 > See the countless other posting on this subject of why pkg
4 > moves are bad.
5 yeah new packages is my primary concern.
6
7 >> Any objections, problems with the plan, comments?
8 >
9 > Sure I'll step up and say I object to the part of your plan which
10 > involves a shitton of pkgmoves. Moving pkgs from existing categories
11 > into another category causes numerous problems that portage can't solve
12 > as easy as the rest of us might think so please just don't do that
13 > part. I've got no objection to the creation of a new category for *new*
14 > packages.
15
16 I talked with you in IRC about this more. We will do the package moves only
17 when a bump occurs and will make sure that stable as well as ~arch get an
18 updated ebuild.
19
20 Best regards,
21 Stefan