From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Disable --autounmask auto-unmasking keywords / masks by default
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 02:57:21
1 On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 19:45:34 -0700
2 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I'd prefer to disable --autounmask by default and include warnings about
5 > harmful behavior in the documentation.
6
7 I think autounmasks behaviour with regards to USE flags is useful,
8 (heh), its just everything else it does tends to violate stability
9 assumptions.
10
11 For instance, I can see why automatically escalating "arch" to "~arch"
12 may be useful in some cases, but its a very dangerous default,
13 *especially* for perl.