From: "Wulf C. Krueger" <philantrop@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: One request for the next SoC: non already-devs students
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 19:58:11
1 On Sunday, 02. March 2008 20:25:09 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > > Do we inspire them by telling them that anybody who has made this
3 > > choice in the past is not to be rewarded financially for doing so?
4 > This brings up a different point of view too.
5
6 From my point of view it's pretty simple: I don't see us generating enough
7 interest among people not yet associated with Gentoo to successfully
8 participate.
9
10 Your idea would be fine with me if we had enough people wanting to do it
11 but I don't really see that happen.
12
13 > Why should just somebody be rewarded financially and not someone else?
14
15 Because as a student people usually need the money more.
16
17 > Why only people who are still in school, and not people who left school?
18
19 People who already left school hopefully have a job to pay their bills. If
20 not, GSoC won't help much either as you stated correctly.
23 Best regards, Wulf