From: Martin Pluskal <martin@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proper installation path for efi binaries (.efi)
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 22:45:34
1 On 4.2.2013 23:34, Greg KH wrote:
2 > On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 08:13:58PM +0100, Martin Pluskal wrote:
3 >> Hi
4 >> I am curious what is the proper path for installation of efi binaries
5 >> (such as shim.efi) in gentoo. I don't think that installing them
6 >> directly into /boot/efi... is proper way - it seems to me that
7 >> /usr/lib64/efi or /usr/libexec/efi is more appropriate location for
8 >> them. What's your opinion?
9 >
10 > It depends on if you want the bootloader to use the binary or not. If
11 > you do, it needs to be in /boot/efi/, otherwise it will never be able to
12 > be run by the UEFI system.
13 Well, in order to boot you have to place .efi into /boot/efi, I am not
14 sure if it is the best idea to directly install everything with .efi
15 into /boot/efi. As far as I know, elilo is installed into /usr/lib/elilo
16 and grub2 is placed into /boot/efi by grub2-install.
17 >
18 > Unless you really think that having /usr/ as a vfat filesystem is ok?
19 > :)
20 >
21 > thanks,
22 >