From: Peter Hyman <pete4abw@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ROX: maintainer-wanted and apps out of date
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 00:18:42
1 On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 00:02 +0300, Alin Nastac wrote:
2
3 snip...
4 > Indeed, your name is everywhere when it comes down to rox thing. Because
5 > your dedication on rox subject, I am willing to help you become a dev,
6 > but I need to be sure you are not going to dissapear in the very next
7 > moment.
8 > Gentoo history is full of such individuals who only want to be sure that
9 > they could become devs but are not willing to put any effort behind it.
10 >
11 > Do you want be a dev? Are you sure you could take the heat? What do you
12 > expect from Gentoo and what do you have to offer in exchange?
13 >
14 > Please email me the answers to these questions on my private address. I
15 > need to know you a bit before I decide if I could mentor you or not.
16
17 Thank you for the opportunity. Apparently though, my submissions have
18 already been rejected Ciaran. It's important to realize that the
19 submissions were intended to AID the developers, not to necessarily be
20 PERFECT in every way.
21
22 I submitted the ebuilds in good faith in the hope they would help myself
23 and others get the portage tree wrt ROX up to date and correct
24 breakages. In that my "spacing" was not liked, or my "descriptions" were
25 too long is irrelevant.
26
27 The ebuilds are fine, and they work. You are welcome to them. As for
28 future development, due to possible problems with the rox.eclass, I am
29 taking rox off-line from gentoo and will maintain it separate from
30 gentoo.
31
32 As for any open bugs, I leave it to maintainer-wanted. Good luck.
33 --
34 Peter
37 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list