From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ROX: maintainer-wanted and apps out of date
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 00:31:45
1 > Thank you for the opportunity. Apparently though, my submissions have
2 > already been rejected Ciaran. It's important to realize that the
3 > submissions were intended to AID the developers, not to necessarily be
4 > PERFECT in every way.
5
6 Of course they have been criticized by Ciaran. In case you didn't know,
7 he does this for *every* maintainer-wanted ebuild. They are only
8 rejected as long as they have problems. If you fix them, they will be
9 accepted if some dev takes responsibility for them, or is recruited to
10 maintain them. It's really that simple Sounds like a case where you
11 can't stand to have anyone review your work.
12
13 > I submitted the ebuilds in good faith in the hope they would help myself
14 > and others get the portage tree wrt ROX up to date and correct
15 > breakages. In that my "spacing" was not liked, or my "descriptions" were
16 > too long is irrelevant.
17
18 No, it isn't irrelevant. We strive to make the portage tree to be of
19 high quality. Why settle for less?
20
21 -Steve
22 --