From: Rolf Eike Beer <eike@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: noarch keyword
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 16:17:59
1 Am 2020-03-18 15:54, schrieb William Hubbs:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > this came up again on the recent thread about dropping non x86/amd64
5 > support for python packages, and I want to bring it up again on its own
6 > thread.
7 >
8 > How often do architecture specific bugs really exist in languages like
9 > perl, python etc? From what I've seen they are pretty rare. Not to
10 > mention,
11 > if we found one somewhere, we could adjust keywords as necessary.
12
13 I'm not judging this proposal, just a data point: packages that e.g.
14 read from /proc, especially /proc/cpuinfo, get easily blow up on
15 architecture changes. See https://bugs.gentoo.org/663424 for an example.
16
17 Eike