From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] dropping redundant stable keywords
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 16:33:20
Here's a proposal that may address concerns from the long "rfc:
revisiting our stabilization policy" thread.

It seems at least one of the problems is that with old ebuilds being
stable on slow arches but not the more recent ebuilds, it is a
maintenance burden to keep supporting the old ebuilds even on fast
arches where it's still stable.

Why not allow maintainers to drop redundant stable and even ~arch
keywords from their packages?

Then these old ebuilds will stay with _only_ slow arch keywords. If they
were working back then, they will continue to work now, since there are
not that many changes to break things as opposed to faster-moving arches.

What do you think? Please let me know if I should clarify this.

Paweł