From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: ChangeLog
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 02:12:47
1 On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 8:20 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I thought Gentoo was not depending on git/github either.
3
4 Take 5min and read the wikipedia articles on both git and github, please.
5
6 Gentoo is not going to depend on github, because of the social contract issues.
7
8 Gentoo absolutely does depend on git, and it is 100% FOSS.
9
10 If these statements seem contradictory, you really need to look up a
11 video on git 101/etc. To be fair, I don't think you can truly use git
12 without first groking it, and you won't accomplish that until you
13 understand its data model. Git is a terrific data model wrapped in a
14 mediocre command line utility.
17 Rich