From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP #10 -- Proposal for restructuring the CVS regarding documentation wrt internationalization proposal
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 15:21:05
1 On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 09:31:28AM -0400, Lisa Marie Seelye wrote:
2 > I've been pondering this for a while.
3 >
4 > What I came up with was a directory structure that would look something
5 > like this:
6 >
7 > /$herd/$subproject/$lang/document.xml
8 >
9 > For example:
10 > /cluster/distcc/en/guide.xml (the distcc guide)
11 >
12 > To me it seems more logical to move the language divider closer to the
13 > document so that the translation team doesn't have to translate all of
14 > the website (as opposed to /$lang/$proj/$herd).
15
16 In my opinion it is a bad idea to have the language-part so close to the
17 document. That would mean that the CVS permissions for each translation team
18 would be unmaintainable (meaning hundreds of seperate directories for each
19 language, whereas my proposal has one directory).
20
21 Documentation should be centralised as much as possible, this goes for
22 translations too.
23
24 Wkr,
25 Sven Vermeulen