From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sci-libs/scipy -> dev-python/scipy ?
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 04:02:55
1 On 21:51 Mon 07 Jul , Joe Peterson wrote:
2 > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > I actually object to having crap in dev-python, because things should be
4 > > categorized functionally instead of by the language they're implemented
5 > > in. 90% of the time you don't care about the language. But category
6 > > moves are pretty much pointless, so I don't normally bring it up.
7 >
8 > Do you mean it is pointless because categories are pointless, or because
9 > it is not worth the trouble of doing the move? I assume we inherited
10 > the category idea from fbsd ports.
11
12 I meant moves were largely pointless, although categories are to a
13 lesser extent. Tags would be a lot better, since nothing can be
14 categorized perfectly into a single place.
15
16 > Since we have categories (and assuming we'll keep them), I think that
17 > things should be categorized as correctly as possible (perhaps it's not
18 > the highest priority, but better to have it right than not, eventually).
19
20 I don't think it's worth losing track of the CVS history just so we can
21 have something in a different place that ultimately is hardly useful to
22 anyone.
25 Thanks,
26 Donnie
27