From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: 1i5t5.duncan@×××.net
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [OT/NIT] Re: Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in profiles: ChangeLog package.mask
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 19:31:34
1 On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 22:46:14 +0000 (UTC)
2 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Alexis Ballier posted on Mon, 22 Apr 2013 15:40:33 +0200 as excerpted:
5 >
6 > > "Having functional changes mixed with whitespace/cosmetics in a single
7 > > commit makes it hard to read and understand."
8 > >
9 > >> Also, in this case I see only one extra hunk.
10 > >> But once we have proper tools (like git) we can revisit this.
11 > >
12 > > I don't see how git helps. You'll have to commit twice then push, vs
13 > > commit twice with cvs.
14 >
15 > But git commits are quite lightweight, while as someone already pointed
16 > out, cvs commits, if done properly with repoman, are anything but.
17 >
18 > So at least in the sense that it'll be less hassle, two git commits
19 > followed by a push should be much easier than two repoman and cvs commits.
20
21 Just to make it clear -- there are four CVS commits. Ebuild commit
22 followed by GPG-signed Manifest commit. Hopefully the developer has
23 persistent SSH connections set up.
26 Best regards,
27 Michał Górny