From: "Diego \\\"Flameeyes\\\" Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] perl, sed and non-gsed
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:33:35
1 On Thursday 07 April 2005 14:01, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > The OS X sed is broken. Or, at least, it is not a satisfactory provider
3 > of sed-4, which is what we DEPEND upon.
4 Well osx's sed is just posix sed, exactly the same of bsd sed.
5 We depends on gsed for things which, imho, could be done using posix sed.
6 Mainly the position of -i param, or the douple -e (which could be merged into
7 a single expression).
8 Probably both osx sed and bsd sed could be used without a bit of a trouble for
9 portage purposes, with some tweaks here and there.
12 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
13 http://wwwstud.dsi.unive.it/~dpetteno/