From: Andreas Fink <finkandreas@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] as-needed patch for ltmain.sh
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 12:22:31
1 On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 11:06:52 +0000
2 James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 11:55:46 +0100
5 > Andreas Fink <finkandreas@×××.de> wrote:
6 >
7 > > Hello,
8 > > I have a question to the patch provided by the package
9 > > app-portage/elt-patches, namely the file as-needed/2.4.3
10 > >
11 > > Here I can see the following being added to ltmain.sh:
12 > > + -Wl,--as-needed|-Wl,--no-as-needed)
13 > > + deplibs="$deplibs $arg"
14 > > + continue
15 > > + ;;
16 > > +
17 > >
18 > > In my understanding the order must be the opposite otherwise it has
19 > > no effect to $deplibs, i.e. the line should be deplibs="$arg
20 > > $deplibs".
21 >
22 > It's been like that in every version of the patch so it's probably
23 > like that for a reason though I don't know what that reason is. This
24 > is interesting as I gather the whole reason for the patch is that an
25 > unpatched libtool inserts the flag in the wrong place.
28 Should I file a bug for this behaviour, or is this correct behaviour?