From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Can we stop wasting time and bandwidth? (was: The fallacies of GLEP55)
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 07:03:46
1 Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o> posted
2 8b4c83ad0905152258i61b0e8ebh869f323519b1906f@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Sat, 16 May 2009 11:28:57 +0530:
4
5 > Why is it that this thread has 500 replies,
6
7 500? Try 34 posts in the fallacies of glep55 thread, total, including
8 OP, on that thread (not this one, no references header, single post as I
9 read this). But who's counting? (I wasn't, but just did.)
10
11 > but Mart's maintainer-wanted thread has less than 10?
12
13 I counted 23, including OP.
14
15 That's not such a huge difference, made even less (just eyeballing it,
16 perhaps even flipping the lead) if you count only the posts from Gentoo
17 devs (yes, that would exclude me, too).
18
19 Never-the-less, it's a point worth considering, statistics or not. But,
20 I did see indications the council is acting to come to some conclusion on
21 it, which would put it to rest, finally. They moved on the benchmarks,
22 which is really the first physical movement on the thing, and seems to me
23 to signal that they are tiring of the debate and want some concrete
24 numbers to finally put it to rest, approval or disproval. We'll see.
29 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman