From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Deprecating and killing herds in metadata.xml
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 17:27:21
1 Dnia 2014-09-29, o godz. 19:20:54
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > >>>>> On Mon, 29 Sep 2014, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
5 >
6 > > On IRC we seem to have found some consensus about metadata.xml:
7 >
8 > > 1 ) We should
9 > > 1a) deprecate the <herd> tag in metadata.xml (that's 17,856 files or
10 > > so?) in favour of
11 > > 1b) a conversion to their respective <maintainer> tags
12 > > 1c) where the <email> tag serves the same purpose as <herd> but
13 > > bypasses herds.xml completely by just using the intended alias and
14 > > not the name of the herd (which some developers might want to keep
15 > > in the <name> tag for whatever purpose).
16 >
17 > > [...]
18 >
19 > > Corrections and comment, please.
20 >
21 > This will lose the information if a maintainer is a project/team or an
22 > individual developer, which I think is still useful.
23 >
24 > Could we keep this information somehow? Maybe by adding an attribute
26 > <name> as the subtag?
27
28 Or we can map that off the e-mail address.
31 Best regards,
32 Michał Górny