From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Deprecating and killing herds in metadata.xml
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 17:21:04
1 >>>>> On Mon, 29 Sep 2014, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
2
3 > On IRC we seem to have found some consensus about metadata.xml:
4
5 > 1 ) We should
6 > 1a) deprecate the <herd> tag in metadata.xml (that's 17,856 files or
7 > so?) in favour of
8 > 1b) a conversion to their respective <maintainer> tags
9 > 1c) where the <email> tag serves the same purpose as <herd> but
10 > bypasses herds.xml completely by just using the intended alias and
11 > not the name of the herd (which some developers might want to keep
12 > in the <name> tag for whatever purpose).
13
14 > [...]
15
16 > Corrections and comment, please.
17
18 This will lose the information if a maintainer is a project/team or an
19 individual developer, which I think is still useful.
20
21 Could we keep this information somehow? Maybe by adding an attribute
23 <name> as the subtag?
24
25 Ulrich