From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, Gentoo Release Engineering <releng@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Add bc back to the stage3
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:05:34
1 On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 7:53 AM, Anthony G. Basile <blueness@g.o> wrote:
2 > Although, I must say, Jorge's is being little premature here, and I
3 > doubt the Council will act rashly.
4
5 So, while I was trying to be balanced in my reply, I'll admit it may
6 have still been a bit too emotionally motivated.
7
8 I think this was really the bit that I was reacting to. In general I
9 do agree that it is best to let individual teams make the call before
10 escalating to council.
11
12 I just don't like attitudes along the lines of "I'll do what I think
13 is best, and if you don't like it you can do it instead." It is true
14 that we're all volunteers, and we all need to be mindful of that.
15 However, if all Gentoo is to somebody is a place to host their
16 sole-committer git repo, you could probably do better.
17
18 I don't really think that was how Jorge felt, and I think we're all
19 just venting, and my response probably wasn't more helpful than what I
20 replied to, so apologies to all for the line noise.
21
22 For what its worth, this still isn't on the agenda (I'll probably send
23 out the call later today). I also think that if anybody is feeling
24 really frustrated over the content of stage3/@system and so on,
25 they're probably best off directing that frustration towards getting
26 something like mix-ins supported. :) Gentoo is about choice, but we
27 can only offer the choices that our tools support.
30 Rich