From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resignation
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 00:51:53
1 On Monday 31 July 2006 13:01, Christian Andreetta wrote:
2 > Seemant Kulleen wrote:
3 > > On Sun, 2006-07-30 at 23:50 -0400, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
4 > >> My concern is beyond me. As I stated I know enough about what to
5 > >> expect IF I use sunrise. But many do not and with it becoming official
6 > >> people figure it's gentoo and when it breaks Gentoo suffers. Gentoo has
7 > >> a reputation as a good solid, stable distro. As user and big fan of
8 > >> Gentoo I'm concerned - why couldn't sunrise have stayed unoffical like
9 > >> BMG. Why does it have to be official? Gentoo can choose to do what it
10 > >> feels is right and I will do the same.
11 >
12 > It has just to be put clear that in this case "official" doesn't mean
13 > "solid", "right", "tested by our best QA", but simply "preferred". That
14 > is, I think we're not speaking of "official", but "_basically_ revised"
15 > and "encouraged".
16
17 And that's why it has been announced as the best since sliced bred - urging
18 all users to give it a try, but with the option to point with the finger on
19 them, laughing "Ha, ha, you should have known dumb nuts.", later. Brett is
20 absolutely right with his previous emails.
23 Carsten