From: foser <foser@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] FORK: The Time Is Now
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:08:38
1 On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 15:43, Philippe Lafoucrière wrote:
2 > I agree with FRLinux. gentoo is so suffering from these "secret
3 > conversations".
4
5 Gentoo is suffering from the 'secret conversations' urban myth.
6
7 > please see all french reactions about this fork :
8
9 Well my french isn't what it used to be.
10
11 > Everybody love gentoo there, but complain about the lack of visibility
12 > in the project (I know, gentoo-core is working on it). But I really have
13 > the impression that there's on the one hand the gentoo-core members, and
14 > on the other hand...non-gentoo-core members aka users, devs, docs
15 > managers, etc.
16
17 The lack of visibility is the lack of organization and the pretty much
18 total freedom developers had, there was no real need to communicate on
19 certain points because it worked as it was. While this had its merits
20 and made Gentoo in what it is today i see more and more that this isn't
21 sufficient anymore (i come from a time when it was possible). This is
22 what the proposed top-level structure intends to tackle.
23
24 There is not much to say. I can tell you there's nothing special in area
25 51, but if you want to believe it won't change your mind.
26
27 - foser
28
29 PS. bad example, of course they're hiding UFOs and aliens and whatnot in
30 area 51.
31 PS II. http://www.se.gnome.org/conspiracy/
32 PS III. This mail goes as far as Gentoo Linux development, business
33 ventures etc. have a certain secrecy over them which i don't find
34 particular appropriate either. But to a certain degree that is not
35 directly related to the distro as a whole.
39 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list