From: Torsten Veller <tove@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Final proposal: New alias maintainer-needed@g.o or some such (speak now or forever hold your peace ;) )
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:34:48
1 * Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>:
2
3 > Markus Nigbur wrote:
4 > > Assigning to m-n@g.o and adding the actual fitting herd to CC is the most
5 > > elegant option, IMHO.
6 > > However we do it, we should really agree on one solution, to get more
7 > > structure into the chaos.
8 >
9 > Here's what I'd propose:
10 >
11 > This only applies to new packages, as opposed to version bumps or whatever else:
12 >
13 > When an ebuild or ebuild request is posted to bugzilla, the bug wranglers
14 > attempt to find an appropriate herd or developer to assign it to, and the
15 > ebuild is keyworded with EBUILD or REQUEST depending whether an ebuild was
16 > included or not.
17 >
18 > If the herd or developer does not want to maintain the package and they feel
19 > that there is another herd or developer where this package would be more
20 > appropriately maintained, then they should reassign it to them.
21 >
22 > At any point, if a developer or herd decides that they do not want to maintain
23 > the package at the current time, and there is no more appropriate
24 > herd/developer, then they reassign it to maintainer-needed@g.o putting
25 > the most appropriate herd(s)/developer(s) on CC.
26
27 Agreed.
28
29 Please don't assign bugs of packages in the tree to maintainer-needed.
33 Proposal: Bugs for packages in the tree where bugwranglers are not able to find
34 a maintainer go to qa@g.o.
35 Bump requests might be annoying, but i think it's still the best thing to do.
36 Comments?
37 --
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list