From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eselect init
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 11:13:51
1 El sáb, 25-05-2013 a las 11:54 +0200, Luca Barbato escribió:
2 > Hi, since the whole discussion got somehow sidetracked on where and if
3 > to install for everybody the rc system specific files for everybody
4 > (that should be an implementation detail for the specific dohelper
5 > IMHO), I'm back to the other part of it: switching the actual init
6 > implementation.
7 >
8 > # WHY (not just edit your bootloader)
9 >
10 > Since efi at least some people started to put in the kernel the bootargs
11 > and we have at least few new options brewing for init, some are
12 > small impact (bootchar, bb-init-openrc and runit-openrc) some are more
13 > invasive (runit and systemd).
14
15 I use e4rat and, for that, I need to add
16 init=/sbin/e4rat-preload
17
18 to my grub.conf, I guess this wouldn't change with this, no? :/
19
20 Thanks for the info!