From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Questions about SystemD and OpenRC
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 06:04:59
1 On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 03:47:19PM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > I agree with Greg Kroah-Hartman: I actually like (and want) a
5 > > "vertically integrated, tightly coupled way of doing things".
6 >
7 > Well, if you completely agreed with him you wouldn't be running Gentoo
8 > (or Debian, or other general-purpose distros). He advocates that
9 > ordinary users should use more purpose-driven distros, where all of
10 > this stuff is less of an issue.
11
12 That is not what I said, or mean at all.
13
14 Given that I'm a Gentoo developer, and have been for a very long time, I
15 find it very strange that you would think otherwise.
16
17 greg k-h