From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Questions about SystemD and OpenRC
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 19:48:08
1 On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I agree with Greg Kroah-Hartman: I actually like (and want) a
4 > "vertically integrated, tightly coupled way of doing things".
5
6 Well, if you completely agreed with him you wouldn't be running Gentoo
7 (or Debian, or other general-purpose distros). He advocates that
8 ordinary users should use more purpose-driven distros, where all of
9 this stuff is less of an issue.
10
11 He does make a valid point - I'd never argue that a linux noob should
12 start with Gentoo. However, obviously I think Gentoo has its place,
13 and the world would be poorer without it.
14
15 Rich