From: Benj <ben@××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] License criteria for Gentoo
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 02:47:13
1 On Sunday 22 September 2002 4:55 pm, Richard Stallman wrote:
2 > (If you would call the system Gentoo GNU/Linux, that would help us
3 > also. See http://www.gnu.org/gnu/why-gnu-linux.html.)
4
5 This was done to death on this list, with a whole range of opinions for and
6 against. Wasn't the idea to include a USE variable of something, so that
7 users could choose which to call it? Personally, it's Gentoo Linux, I'm
8 afraid that GNU neither rolls of the tounge, nor looks very good. Which is
9 shallow, I know, but I don't think I'm alone...