From: Maurice van der Pot <griffon26@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: New Bugzilla resolution: NEEDMAINTAINER
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:37:03
1 On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 04:35:27AM +0200, Markus Nigbur wrote:
2 > Therefor I suggest introducing a new keyword to bugzilla's resolution
3 > list, called NEEDMAINTAINER.
4 > With this new keyword everyone could compile a list of currently
5 > unmaintained packages and just take the ones he likes. Additionally this
6 > would be a great opportunity for non-developers for starting their
7 > carrier within Gentoo.
8
9 I definitely would like to see this. Just a few days ago I was
10 considering adding a comment along the lines of "we need a maintainer
11 for this package, that's why nothing is happening" to some bug reports.
12 NEEDMAINTAINER is clearly a neater solution.
13
14 *Thumbs up*
15
16 Maurice.