From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tentative x86 arch team glep
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:30:46
1 On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 1:12:54 +0200 "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | 3) All packages need to be assigned an x86 arch team member
4 | responsible.
5
6 Why?
7
8 | 6) I notice the amd64 team requre their arch testers to
9 | take the ebuild quiz; I think this is a bit harsh, as
10 | arch testers are regular users without commit access to
11 | CVS etc. A simpler quiz targetted at ensuring the arch
12 | testers know what is expected of them would lower the
13 | bar and should encourage more users to join in. Using
14 | the ebuild quiz means you get people who quickly become
15 | devs in their own right...
16
17 The ebuild quiz isn't particularly difficult... If the proposed "write
18 an ebuild for equizapp" question goes through then maybe they could be
19 exempt from that until they need cvs access, but the main ebuild quiz
20 just tests basic understanding.
23 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
24 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
25 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm