From: Jerry A! <jerry@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Help w/Install
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 08:37:55
1 On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 04:56:48PM +0200, Achim Gottinger wrote:
2 : >
3 : Ah I think I understand, the linuxrc program does not detect a valid
4 : gentoo cd on /dev/hdc.
5 : Is this correct?
6
7 Bingo!!!!!
8
9 : So you only have one partition you can use with gentoo?
10 : If we don't get the iso working on your machine, a solution could be
11 : using tomstbr (a single floppy distro)
12 : for installation. It should have all the tools required to setup your
13 : network, ftp the sys.tbz2 and install it.
14
15 Sadly yes. I can either map the cdrom to ide1 and have it come up as
16 /dev/hdc or ide2 and have it come up as /dev/hde. Of course the
17 installer doesn't probe /dev/hde, so I normally choose mapping the cdrom
18 to ide1. 8)
19
20 --Jerry
21
22 name: Jerry Alexandratos || Open-Source software isn't a
23 phone: 703.599.6023 || matter of life or death...
24 email: jerry@×××××××.org || ...It's much more important
25 || than that!