From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Cutting down on non-cascaded profiles
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 16:40:29
1 Stephen P. Becker wrote:
2 > This is really getting into a whole different
3 > discussion altogether about having a security update only tree, but
4 > there has been talk of this a few times before...search the mailing list
5 > archives.
6
7 Yep, of course I know; I wasn't asking for "stable" tree.
8
9 > Removing old profiles will do nothing other than forcing them to set a
10 > new profile. Changing the profile won't stop people from doing security
11 > only updates.
12
13 Okay, as long as "changing the profile" won't affect people *much* (I
14 mean if it doesn't break their boxes), it is perfectly correct.
15
16 I asked just to make sure that broken /etc/make.profile won't completely
17 screw up Portage or so :-).
18
19 -jkt
23 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth