From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Democracy: No silver bullet
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 10:22:36
1 On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 02:35:53PM -0400, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > > Btw, the new policy also includes the possibility of refering a
3 > > decision to the council in certain cases, see "Resolution and Appeal".
4 >
5 > I've read the policy.
6
7 Did i say you didn't?
8
9 > > > I'm sure nearly every member
10 > > > of devrel would agree that they would love to see a Gentoo where devrel
11 > > > simply wasn't needed.
12 > >
13 > > I assume you're only refering to conflict resolution again, and i
14 > > agree it would be great. I just don't think this is ever going to
15 > > happen as long there are more than 50 developers.
16 >
17 > Quit assuming I mean anything, you're batting zero for two right now.
18
19 What's the problem? I wasn't sure how you meant it, so i assumed you
20 meant it that way. As for batting zero for two, i never heard that
21 phrase before and have nfc what it means, but somehow that whole
22 statement doesn't seem very friendly to me.
23
24 > Luckily, I wasn't asking if you thought it was possible. I've merely
25 > been stating that it should be possible.
26
27 Perhaps i'm misreading this comment too, but i'm taking that one
28 personal.
29
30 Screw you guys i'm going home.
31 Let's not waste any more bandwidth and time on it.
32
33 cheers,
34 Wernfried
37 Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne at gentoo dot org
38 Gentoo Forums: http://forums.gentoo.org
39 IRC: #gentoo-forums on freenode - email: forum-mods at gentoo dot org