From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New network config for baselayout-ng
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 07:13:35
1 On Thursday 08 February 2007, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > He's not "screwing up" anything. He's making changes he wishes as the
3 > author and maintainer of the package. If someone doesn't like it, they
4 > can fork it and maintain their own package. Isn't that just wonderful?
5 > Seriously, Roy can work on whatever he wants how he wants, just like any
6 > of the rest of us. Anyone who doesn't like it can simply fork the
7 > project, or even create a new project to replace the functionality
8 > provided by this package. It happens all the time. I seem to remember
9 > it happening with this package manager we all are familiar with...
10
11 that really isnt a valid stance to take with the package in question ... by
12 this logic, i can turn around and screw with the toolchain and if no one
13 likes what i'm doing, then that's their problem and they can go fork
14 themselves
15
16 if people stop thinking of Ciaran as being nothing but a huge dick (which he
17 can be) and read the thread from top to bottom, each of his e-mails in this
18 thread was quite valid
19
20 it seems the backwards compatibility crowd has won out and the current (quite
21 powerful) format will be supported for those who want it ... and for those
22 who are always looking forward, they shouldnt have a problem either
23 -mike