From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: How to deal with git sources?
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 07:19:52
1 >>>>> On Thu, 15 Mar 2018, Martin Vaeth wrote:
2
3 > Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov <gentoo@×××.name> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> GH support answered me (in TL;DR version) "that's because we've
6 >> upgraded git on *some* of our nodes" (means, some other using older
7 >> git)
8
9 > That would still require that the "git archive" output would have
10 > changed in some recent git versions. And at least between the most
11 > current 2.16.2 and comparing with all my git tarballs (some as
12 > mentioned rather old), I could not produce any difference.
13 > So I still do not understand what should be going on.
14
15 I think the conclusion is that github generates tarballs on the fly,
16 and therefore we cannot rely on them being invariant over a long time.
17 They may be susceptible to changes in git, in tar, or in gzip.
18
19 Ulrich