From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SRC_URI component naming collision
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:06:41
1 On Sunday 26 February 2006 22:40, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > The issue is whether you have the right to leave broken packages in the
3 > tree. I don't see any policy document granting you that right.
4
5 The general consensus over the years has been that if something cannot be
6 fixed due to portage problems, then we do what necessary to warn users
7 about it, but keep the package. In this regard also look at various
8 dependency cycles, and/or use flag dependencies.
9
10 Paul
13 Paul de Vrieze
14 Gentoo Developer