From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2008 Google Summer of Code
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:19:03
1 On 29-01-2008 12:24:56 -0800, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > > To give a short answer, its a combination of projects suggested by
3 > > developer and projects submitted by the students. They get reviewed by
4 > > the User Rel/SOC Staff and put into an order of projects to submit to
5 > > Google. They then decide which ones they approve of to fund for the
6 > > students to work on.
9 > Anyone can contribute 'ideas'. 'Ideas' are not proposals and
10 > proposals are what (in the past) we have had to rank and fund. So if
11 > your 'idea' doesn't get a competant proposal written by a student it
12 > is not going to get funded, end of story.
13
14 Is there a place were devs can just throw in 'ideas'? I have a couple
15 in mind, so it would be great if there was a place where interested
16 "students" can go to see all ideas and pick one they like.
20 Fabian Groffen
21 Gentoo on a different level
22 --
23 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list