From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] bugs.g.o: Merging UNCONFIRMED & CONFIRMED into NEW
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 14:05:56
1 On 17 June 2016 at 01:52, Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o> wrote:
2 > because
3 > sometimes, issues can get reported that are really obscure and, for example,
4 > tied to a particular hardware configuration, thus cannot be easily and
5 > independently confirmed
8 Isn't that why "RESOLVED: Need Info" exists?
9
10 Or is "CONFIRMED" supposed to imply "I can replicate this", as opposed
11 to the description bugzilla uses: "Determined to be present". (
12 https://bugzilla.readthedocs.io/en/5.0/_images/bzLifecycle.png )
13
14 Our current doc only describes CONFIRMED vs UNCONFIRMED in terms of
15 "valid" and its predominantly used as a "Can't triage" :
16
17 > UNCONFIRMED: This bug has recently been added to the database.|
18 > Nobody has confirmed that this bug is valid.
19 > Users who have the "canconfirm" permission set may confirm this bug, changing its state to CONFIRMED.
20 > Or, it may be directly resolved and marked RESOLVED.
21
22 > CONFIRMED: This bug is valid and has recently been filed.
23 > Bugs in this state become IN_PROGRESS when somebody is working on them, or become resolved and marked RESOLVED.
26 Kent
27
28 KENTNL - https://metacpan.org/author/KENTNL