From: "Wulf C. Krueger" <philantrop@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: ion license
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 08:25:09
1 On Sunday, May 13, 2007 09:57:05 AM Matti Bickel wrote:
2 > If the general feeling is that ion is
3 > unacceptable in the tree, i'll mask it pending removal.
4
5 Having read the threads you referenced, I don't think there's much room
6 for a compromise.
7
8 In the conversation with you, Matti, he argues that elog is
9 not "prominent" enough, users don't read USE flag descriptions, etc.
10 So those issues seem unresolved.
11
12 Reading the rest of those mail exchanges makes it even look worse.
13
14 I don't think he'll ever really be satisfied. So I'd suggest to drop ion3.
15
16 Best regards, Wulf