From: Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@×××.org>
To: Karl Peters <karl.h.peters@×××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Does a automatic security package tool exists?
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 18:43:50
1 On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 06:42:54PM +0100, Karl Peters wrote:
2 > the GLSAs to the announce mailinglist are really ok, but if you have
3 > more gentoo systems, manually updating security related packages is not
4 > so much fun, and quickly you may forget something.
5 >
6 > I imagine a GLSA database like the package.mask file, where information
7 > about package versions is kept, which packages are insecure and prehaps
8 > which version are suggested for updating.
9
10 I support making the information available other methods, but I absolutely
11 do not want GLSAs to stop being posted to -announce. It's a good list to
12 post them to and I recommend any Gentoo user be subscribed to it. Its
13 only traffic is the occasional announcement and of course the GLSAs. Who
14 can complain about that?
17 Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@×××.org> SCO must cease to exist!
18
19 <netgod> heh thats a lost cause, like the correct pronounciation of
20 "jewelry"
21 <netgod> give it up :-)
22 <sage> and the correct spelling of "colour" :)
23 <BenC> heh
24 <sage> and aluminium
25 <BenC> or nuclear weapons
26 <sage> are you threating me yankee ?
27 <sage> just cause we don't have the bomb...
28 <BenC> back off ya yellow belly