From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Multiple Repo Support
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 01:22:32
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 14:17:13 -0800 Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > | > What the heck is this 'gentoo' thing, and how does it help? Shoving
4 > | > newsdir into portageq doesn't help *at all* with multiple repository
5 > | > support.
6 > |
7 > | Like I said in a previous email, 'gentoo' corresponds to
8 > | 'magic-chicken' in your news-magic-chicken.unread files. The news
9 > | reader app gets the repo identifier from the news-*.unread files and
10 > | plugs that into portageq to get the directory where the corresponding
11 > | new items can be found.
12 >
13 > This still leaves us with the "what are the identifiers and how do we use them?" problem,
14
15 For the time being, the type of functionality provided by gensync could be added to portage. The portage news add-on would need a way to retrieve an enumeration of repo identifiers (another portageq query) for use when updating the news-*.unread files.
16
17 > except that it moves it deeper down into the "how
18 > do I determine whether this news item is relevant?" area. And the only
19 > way to get around that would be to move even more code into Portage
20 > than you're already proposing.
21
22 Are the currently specified Display-If-* headers insufficient for some reason?
23
24 Zac
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list