From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] linux-2.6.12
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 16:46:53
1 Omkhar Arasaratnam wrote:
2 > That said, we're not RedHat. We ship as MANY features as we can and let
3 > the user decide. I agree that it is valuable to get reiser4 testing done
4 > up front. Eventually - some people will use it. Last I checked "I think
5 > $FOO is stupid" wasn't a valid closure code in bugzilla ;-)
6
7 Then you have different views from the kernel project :)
8
9 We and try and make our kernel (gentoo-sources) _more_ stable than the
10 official Linux releases. We mainly stick to bug fixes decreed worthy by the
11 upstream developers, etc. We never include patches when we know of problems
12 that they will introduce.
13
14 Daniel
15 --