From: Lisa Seelye <lisa@g.o>
To: Caleb Tennis <caleb@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: GLEP 19 -- Gentoo Stable Portage Tree
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 19:43:29
1 On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 10:45, Caleb Tennis wrote:
2 > Hi Kurt,
3 >
4 > This is an awesome GLEP idea, and I'm glad it finally got put into written
5 > words. The one suggestion I have, which I am sure is up for a large amount
6 > of criticism, is that I think Gentoo should charge a fee for the use of this
7 > tree. This is, in my opinion, a premium service, and a I believe it should
8 > come with a premium price, even if it's as low as 5 dollars per quarter.
9 >
10 > But maybe I'm totally off base here.
13 I don't think its feasible to charge people for access, unless we make a
14 completely separate tree and keep it from the public.
15
16 I think a better method would be to include a "Hey! Don't forget our
17 PayPal button!!" message.
20 Regards,
21 -Lisa
22 <Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur>