From: Piotr Karbowski <slashbeast@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] pam: thoughts on modernizing pam_limits configuration that Gentoo ships with
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 22:26:54
1 On 12/12/2022 23.06, Sam James wrote:
2 > It's unusual to have discussion about a single package on the mailing lists. I tend to keep an eye on PAM
3 > bugs because I maintained pambase.
4 >
5 > Bugs are the primary method of discussing changes to packages.
6
7 You really came strong on this one. I did explain why it went to mailing
8 list, that very few people would notice bug on undeclared
9 maintainer-needed package, unlike mailing list, assigning it to zlogene
10 and hoping for few people to catch it up, yet you still zealously
11 challenge it.
12
13 I feel really burnt out from this exchange and I see that you already
14 base-system'd the sys-libs/pam tactically preventing me joining and
15 introducing changes, last time I wanted join base-system there was push
16 back and I was informed that only invited members can join. Do your
17 thing Sam, I will step back now and will take note to throw ideas into
18 void of bugzilla next time.
19
20 -- Piotr.