From: Joshua Baergen <joshuabaergen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] a #g-d first impression might represent process and metastructure
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 00:18:58
1 > 2) There are gentoo.org references to #gentoo-dev, but the process of
2 > interfacing, mentoring, and recruiting are self-referential beginning
3 > with a bootstrap of being on the good side of an existing developer. So
4 > for those of us who do not establish favorable dialogues by filing a
5 > bug, the door starts out closed.
6
7 In reference to the difficulties outlined regarding becoming a
8 developer above, I am in the process of becoming a dev without any
9 contact with developers beforehand except for filing a bug that
10 probably annoyed devs more than helped :P I contacted the recruiting
11 group in response to a requirement for developers and they were glad
12 to get the process started provided that I showed evidence that I
13 would be an asset, mainly through input on bugs currently open.
14
15 I doubt that I am the only one who has this story, but that doesn't
16 mean your claim in #2 could not have happened to other people. Did
17 you have any specific situations you were referring to when you wrote
18 that?
21 Joshua Baergen
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list