From: Anders Hellgren <andh@××××××××××××××××××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:32:27
1 On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2
3 > On Tuesday 28 June 2005 12:37, Anders Hellgren wrote:
4 >> Let's see, all admins and global mods are in the Global Moderators group.
5 >> To the best of my knowledge the staus is the following.
6 > If those are all, then the problem doesn't seems to exists.
7
8 Exactly.
9
10 > Most of them already took it
11
12 ...or are pre quiz staff.
15 Again, noone's ever intended that anyone should become official Gentoo
16 staff without taking the staff quiz. Now, some people seem to have a
17 problem with someone being global moderator or admin without being
18 official staff. I don't, and I have no intention on booting anyone, should
19 there be anyone, who don't want to go through the process to become
20 official Gentoo staff.
21
22 FWIW, there are non-staff bug wranglers, aren't there? To me, that's
23 essentially the same thing as non-staff moderators.
24
25 Going back to the beginning, the status of the Forums is somewhat
26 undefined as is is not listed on [1], but there are still people on [2]
27 who have the Forums as responsibility. Our purpose with the glep was
28 twofold. One is to put the Forums somewhere on [1]. In fact, it always
29 should have been there. The second, that being *Forum* staff should be
30 enough reason to become official Gentoo staff. The latter requiring taking
31 the staff quiz. Nevertheless, we do not want to force anyone to become
32 official Gentoo staff.
35 [1]: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/index.xml
36 [2]: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/roll-call/userinfo.xml
37