From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:53:39
1 On Tuesday 28 June 2005 13:29, Anders Hellgren wrote:
2 > > Most of them already took it
3 > ...or are pre quiz staff.
4 Ok I was intending both of the cases but that's more clear.
5
6 > Again, noone's ever intended that anyone should become official Gentoo
7 > staff without taking the staff quiz.
8
9 > Now, some people seem to have a
10 > problem with someone being global moderator or admin without being
11 > official staff.
12 No that's not the issue. The issue is that if you want that global moderators
13 have the right to vote (that was the main request done iirc), then they must
14 be official staff, and to be that, they need to take the quiz.
15 Having some global mods staff (just because they are mods, not because they
16 are staff for other means) and some not, will confuse the userbase.
17 As we said, most of the global mods are already staff so already have the
18 right to vote, so if you don't want to change this, there's nothing to
19 discuss about: if an individual wants the right to vote, it just needs to be
20 staff for other reasons.
21
22 If you want that "Global Moderator == Offical Staff", you need that all of
23 them take the quiz and become official staff.
24
25 > I don't, and I have no intention on booting anyone, should
26 > there be anyone, who don't want to go through the process to become
27 > official Gentoo staff.
28 As I said above, if you want project global mods to be considered staff for
29 the own sake of being global mods, it's an all or nothing for me.
30
31 > FWIW, there are non-staff bug wranglers, aren't there? To me, that's
32 > essentially the same thing as non-staff moderators.
33 For local moderator, yes. As for ATs.
34 But it's clear to user that bug-wranglers or ATs aren't Official Staff:
35 " A note about arch testers "status": Gentoo/AMD64 Arch Testers are not
36 official Gentoo developers. They are, however, a recognized part of the
37 Gentoo/AMD64 arch team. I ask that all AT's keep this in mind when selecting
38 email signatures or other forms of communication. " [1]
39
40 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/amd64/tests/index.xml?part=1&chap=1
41 --
42 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
43 Gentoo Developer - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
44 (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64, Sound, PAM)