From: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: rsync speed and space taken
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:00:52
1 On Friday 22 October 2004 9:56 pm, Andrew Fant wrote:
2 > I'm not sure that I would call that a cool benefit. It seems to come close
3 > to an egregious violation of privacy. I know that there is no promise of
4 > confidentiality in the use of the portage rsync servers, but to actively
5 > and publicly start collecting data about who is using what seems to only
6 > invite more paranoia.
7 Except that it won't be able to reliably collect the "who" part, only the
8 "what". Sure, you could log IPs, but many users IPs change more frequently
9 than they sync.
10 --
11 Luke-Jr
12 Developer, Utopios