From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuilds for kde3 beta etc.
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 08:39:56
1 On Sunday 23 December 2001 15:44, you wrote:
2 > That is why I'm against putting untested early-beta software in the
3 > packagesystem. Because no matter how much unsupported they are, we will
4 > always end up support it.
5 Well, I don't think kde could break anything but kde apps. And I'm willing to
6 support the beta ebuilds.
7
8 Of course I'd put up a 'don't use unless you know what you're doing' notice,
9 and mask them thoroughly. And support would be probably slower/more sparse,
10 but not necessarily so since I'll probably be using kde3 myself all the time
11 before long, and I know some other people will do so too before the final
12 release.
13
14 As for problems that are rooted in kde3 as such (not just beta trouble), the
15 more input and testers the better - as long as they understand that it's not
16 *supposed* to be stable. As I've said, better solve these now than when
17 kde3-final comes out.
18
19 > But as I said, if everyone else feels this is ok, just put it in.
20 Everyone? Opinions?
24 Dan Armak
25 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
26 Matan, Israel