From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] obs eclasses
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 17:26:57
1 >>>>> On Tue, 13 Sep 2011, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2
3 > Thanks for the reminder; I looked, and it turns out that we now have
4 > a great precedent.
5
6 > Quoting PMS:
7
8 > "The required bash version was retroactively updated from 3.0 to 3.2
9 > in November 2009 (see http://www.gentoo.
10 > org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20091109.txt)."
11
12 > So we could just retroactively update it again and let people scream
13 > if they're actually affected by this.
14
15 If you read the quoted council log, you'll find that the retroactive
16 change was done because usage of bash 3.2 features in the tree was
17 already widespread at that time. This is very different from the
18 current situation, therefore it is not at all a precedent.
19
20 Ulrich